Former First Lady of the USA, Michelle Obama, is more than just a public figure. She’s an iconic modern woman whose kind heart embodies power, poise, compassion and a real desire to help those who are disadvantaged. Many look up to her not just because of her glamor and poise, but because of her leadership and example in spreading peace, wisdom and love.
Even after her service for the FLOTUS, Michelle Obama continues to empower youth across the globe, showing them that they are capable of success and of reaching their full potential.
She says, “I want our young people to know that they matter, that they belong. So don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered. Empower yourself with a good education. Then get out there and use that education to build a country worthy of you boundless promise. Lead by example with hope; never fear.”
Above being a well-respected public figure, Michelle Obama is also a wife and a mother. How she masterfully juggles her career and family life is a mystery to many. But it can be evidently seen through these pieces of advice she once shared, reminding us that she is no different from all of us who are going through life just as she is.
Michelle Obama’s 8 Marriage Tips:
1. There is nothing that threatens the security of a wife than the thought of another woman competing for the attention and affection of her husband. Nothing is more painful. Nothing is more disrespecting. Nothing is more insulting. Nothing is more belittling and degrading.
2. Teamwork is the key to a strong relationship. Instead of keeping score of each other’s faults, working together is a victory for both parties. Good marriages don’t happen overnight, it is a product of dedication and hard work.
3. Always remember that your actions influence your children. Your marriage will leave a lasting impression on their opinion of marriage. Give them hope by showing them an example of a loving and committed relationship.
4. Husbands: The reason why other women look attractive is because someone is taking good care of them. Grass is always green where it is watered. Instead of drooling over the green grass on the other side of the fence, work on yours and water it regularly. Any man can admire a beautiful woman, but it takes a true gentleman to make his woman admirable and beautiful.
5. The true formula for a successful marriage isn’t about having tons of money or the perfect wife. It also isn’t about living in a grand and luxurious space. Anyone can have a happy marriage by showing undying love and commitment to their partners.
6. It’s true when they say that your friends reveal so much about the kind of person you are. Choose your company wisely because they can either break or make your marriage.
7. Married life ultimately requires teamwork; it isn’t a one-man show. Both husband and wife need to work together in order for the relationship to flourish.
8. Show appreciation to your spouse often. Your spouse is your partner for life. Don’t take your spouse for granted. Don’t take advantage of your spouse’s meekness and goodness. Don’t mistake your spouse’s loyalty for desperation. Don’t misuse or abuse your spouse’s trust. You may end up regretting after losing someone that meant so much to you.