Beloved by all, the compassionate Steve Irwin led a wonderful life full of enthusiasm for helping the world understand and fall in love with animals and nature.
He educated millions of people around the world on seeing a wide variety of predators and animals as; creatures to be loved, rather than feared, with his famous and wildly entertaining show, The Crocodile Hunter. Steve Irwin risked his life daily to save and rescue animals, all while making it a whole lot of fun for everyone to see.
Steve inspired many people to truly appreciate nature; to not fear it, but rather to explore it with enthusiasm. Children and adults who watched his show were afterwards inclined to explore nature’s wonderful animals, rather than fear them.
Steve founded the Steve Irwin Conservation Foundation, which later changed its name to Wildlife Warriors Worldwide, as well as the International Crocodile Rescue and the Lyn Irwin Memorial Fund, which benefits the Iron Bark Station Wildlife Rehabilitation Center. The Dalai Lama made a pilgrimage to the Irwin Zoo to honor Steve’s compassionate work, and currently Steve’s wife Terri and two kids Robert and Bindi have started a new show on Animal Planet in Steve’s memory called, ‘Crikey! It’s the Irwins.’ Anyone who has seen The Crocodile Hunter knows just how fun and lovable Steve really was, and we can appreciate how fond he made us feel about nature and the world’s wildlife.
Here Are 23 Quotes By Steve Irwin That Show His Deep Compassion Towards Life
1. We don’t own the planet Earth, we belong to it. And we must share it with our wildlife.
2. Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first.
3. All you have to do in life is be passionate and enthusiastic and you will have a wonderful life.
4. I want the cleanest water, the freshest air and wildlife in abundance… but most of all I want a future for our children.
5. I have no fear of losing my life – if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
6. I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message.
7. Crikey means gee whizz, wow!
8. My dad taught me from my youngest childhood memories through these connections with Aboriginal and tribal people that you must always protect people’s sacred status, regardless of the past.
9. My job, my mission, the reason I’ve been put onto this planet, is to save wildlife. And I thank you for comin’ with me. Yeah, let’s get ’em!
10. If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.
11. When I talk to the camera, mate, it’s not like I’m talking to the camera, I’m talking to you because I want to whip you around and plunk you right there with me.
12. Where I live if someone gives you a hug it’s from the heart.
13. It never ceases to amaze me how cruel some people are. Do you think people would be so merciless and torturous if fish and sharks cried like babies when they felt pain?
14. If we save our wild places, we will ultimately save ourselves.
15. For example, as you’re reading this paragraph, our whales and dolphins are still dying painful lingering deaths.
16. The truth is that we will never save wildlife by killing it.
17. If you can’t excite people about wildlife, how can you convince them to love, cherish, and protect our wildlife and the environment they live in?
18. We humans still have a long way to go with learning to live harmoniously with our environment and its wildlife.
19. Medieval attitudes such as “the only good croc is a dead one,” “the only good shark is a dead shark,” “there’s a snake—quick, kill it.
20. Now more than ever we are all becoming more aware about the need to conserve our precious living heritage.
21. Every single day of our lives involves wildlife education. We must teach, spread the word, the wildlife gospel.
22. I was born and raised with crocodiles; they are a piece of cake. But kids are so … unpredictable.
23. If we can get people excited about animals, then by crikey, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to save them.
Here is a short video clip honoring the compassionate Steve Irwin:
Let’s honor the wonderful Steve Irwin by each doing our part to protect our wildlife and nature as much as we can.
You are Loved.