Every great human being, regardless of their culture, religion, tribe, or ethnicity, follows and believes in certain words of wisdom.
These wise sayings shape their character, they empower their hearts, and they transcend the differences between people.
Many are aware of the deeply wise and spiritually profound teachings of the ancient Native Americans, and in October of 1994 a code of 20 rules for humankind to live by was published by the Inter-Tribal Times.
These 20 enlightening teachings allow those who follow the code to live their greatest life possible. They do not just apply to Native Americans, but can be used by anyone who has a passion to build their character, and much of the code is also reflected in other lines of faith too.
Here Is The Native American Code Of Ethics:
1. Rise with the sun to pray.
Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path.
Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
3. Search for yourself, by yourself.
Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration.
Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture.
It was not earned nor given, it is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth
Whether it be people or plants.
7. Honor other people’s thoughts, wishes and words.
Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of others in a bad way.
The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you, so never speak of others in a bad way.
9. All people make mistakes.
And all mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit.
11. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us.
Animals, plants and other living creatures are all part of your worldly family.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life’s lessons.
When they are grown, give them space to grow.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others.
The poison of your pain will return to you, so avoid hurting others.
14. Be truthful at all times.
Honesty and openness is the test of one’s will within this universe.
15. Keep yourself balanced.
Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self need to be strong, pure and healthy. Workout the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
16. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react.
Be responsible for your own actions.
17. Respect the privacy and personal space of others.
Do not touch the personal property of others – especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.
18. Be true to yourself first.
You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.
19. Respect others religious beliefs.
Do not force your beliefs on others.
20. Share your good fortune with others.
Participate in charity.
We may all be a little different when it comes to beliefs, faith, religion, culture and nationality, but we are all humans sharing the same planet Earth, and are one big family of love.
You are Loved.